DONATE ONLINE NOW!
Women and families in the Kalamazoo community always need the assistance that can only come through contributions of cash and in-kind goods and services to the YWCA.
Since 1885, the YWCA has been providing services and advocacy for thousands of women of their families through our programs:
- The YWCA Children's Center
- The YWCA Community & Member Services
- The YWCA Domestic Assault Program
- The YWCA Sexual Assault Program
The YWCA provides a variety of opportunities for individual and corporate giving. Please call the Development Office at (269) 345-5595 for further information.
Make a contribution today to our annual fund, breaking barriers, building futures.
To give a contribution today and support YWCA services and programs, please make checks payable to the YWCA of Kalamazoo or click here to contribute online.
Here's what your contribution can do:
- $47 provides one night of shelter in the YWCA's secure domestic assault shelter including caring staff support, crisis intervention, food, linens, personal care items, clothing and laundry facilities, etc.
- $140 provides a week of licensed and nationally accredited child care and education for the child of a single mother staying in our domestic violence shelter as she searches for safe housing and a job.
- $370 provides a month of racial justice activities including consultation with groups and organizations. $1,882 provides a forensic nurse examination and vital evidence collection for a victim/survivor of a brutal rape.
- $402 provides three months of mentoring for a young woman determined to become personally and economically self-sufficient, changer her life and find self worth and independence with the help of staff and a volunteer mentor.
- $1,350 provides a month of housing-related services, staffing support/outreach and counseling in a transitional supportive housing setting for a woman and five children as they continue to move toward independence and freedom from violence following several weeks in the YWCA's domestic assault shelter.
- $25 provides service of a personal protection order for a victim of domestic abuse struggling to find a safe distance from her/his abuser.
Support the YWCA at an upcoming event.
- You can help support the YWCA by purchasing tickets to a YWCA sponsored event.
Honor a loved one with a tribute gift.
- The YWCA allows you to make a tribute and special gift in honor of a family member or friend. Tributes and special gifts serve as memorials to commemorate significant life events, such as Mother's Day. We will send an acknowledgement card to your designated recipient. When making a payment, specify that you wish to make your gift a tribute. To make a tribute gift or for any questions, contact the YWCA at (269) 345-5595.
Leave a legacy with a planned gift.
- Contribute now or in the future through a gift to the YWCA endowment or by naming the YWCA in your will-and ensure a lasting contribution to the YWCA. Individuals who invest in the future by including the YWCA in their estate plans (and notify the YWCA of their legacy gift) are recognized as members of the Ida Stearns Society. Please call the Director of Development at (269) 345-5595 to discuss these planned giving opportunities.
All gifts to the YWCA are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
The YWCA invites your company or organization to sponsor a YWCA project or event.
- Project sponsorship allows companies to adopt one or more of the YWCA's special projects and make a direct impact on those the YWCA serves.
- Sponsorship of one of the YWCA's annual events, including the YWCA Women of Achievement Award Celebration, Women's Equality Day and the YWCA Full Circle Luncheon, are great ways to support the YWCA and raise awareness for your company or organization.
- To discuss corporate giving opportunities, please call the Development Office at (269) 345-5595.
The YWCA also accepts donations of products. Because we have limited storage, we are not able to accept items that are not our In-Kind Critical Needs List. Click here to view a printable version of the Critical Needs List. Thank you for supporting the work of the YWCA of Kalamazoo!