Position: GSRP Teacher
Department: Improving Lives of Children
Supervisor: Site Director -YWCA Children’s Center
Compensation Range: $15.00-$17.00/hour, Excellent Benefits
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; Typical Business Hours. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Teaches academic and social-emotional skills in a school setting by performing the duties listed below. Teachers plan and implement a healthy, safe, and developmentally appropriate learning environment for preschool children that promote developmental gains toward the attainment of kindergarten readiness skills as defined in the Early Learning Framework and GSRP Implementation Manual, within a MTSS framework. Teacher professionalism in the classroom, with families, the community and with staff serve as a model of excellence.
Teachers plan and implement a healthy, safe, and developmentally appropriate learning environment for preschool children that promote developmental gains toward the attainment of kindergarten readiness skills as defined in the Early Learning Framework and GSRP Implementation Manual, within a MTSS framework
- Must have knowledge of and comply with GSRP Implementation Manual and Procedures, and State of Michigan Licensing for Child Care Centers.
- Creates and implements curriculum/lesson plans incorporating hands-on activities and experiential learning considering factors such as individual needs, abilities, learning levels and physical limitations of students.
- Confers with parents, administrators, specialists, social workers and others to implement the individual educational programs (IEPs) for students who are at different learning ability levels.
- Creates a flexible environment that is focused on student success to maximize potential.
- Utilizes student assessment data to inform whole group, small group, and individualized instruction.
- Implements program assessment tools with fidelity.
- Establishes effective communication with parents regarding the progress of students and includes them in setting curricular goals for their child.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date child records and lesson plans.
- Establish a safe, healthy, stimulating and developmentally appropriate learning environment for all children. *
- Implement program curriculum with fidelity.
- Observe and assess children’s development on a regular basis, analyze data and make plans or referrals specific to the needs of the individual child.
- Provide daily direction and oversight to other classroom staff through positive communication, and coaching of desired behaviors and outcomes.
- Build positive relationships with families to promote positive parent/child relationships including family events in the classroom and program, and take-home activities.
- Work with program staff to provide comprehensive services to families and children.
- Work in partnership with associate teacher, KCR4’s Teacher mentor, and Great Start to Quality Coach.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Skill & Abilities:
Has high expectations for all students Ability to effectively communicate verbally, and non-verbally reflective practitioner willing to be coached Keeps site supervisor up-to-date of classroom status. Ability to efficiently use computer and applicable software. Ability to problem solve. Maintains confidentiality. Adapts to frequent changes in the work environment. Practices safe work habits. Develops and maintains atmosphere of teamwork. Uses equipment and material properly. Understands Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Communicates regularly with and directs the work of an associate teacher.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- YWCA location.Off-site location .
- Potential outdoor events.
- Sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, some lifting.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions (children go outside daily).
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials .
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually Moderate-Loud.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 50 pounds frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds / continually lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.