Assists victims/survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and/or stalking, to navigate the complexities of the criminal and civil legal justice system. This includes assistance applying for personal protection orders (PPO), attending and supporting the victim/survivor through any hearings or other court procedures.
Assists victims/survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and/or stalking, to navigate the complexities of the criminal and civil legal justice system.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
- Works with clients by phone, email, in person and in court.
- Provides information about orders of protection, family and criminal court, and rights of crimes victims under state and federal law.
- Provides information and referrals regarding legal and other community resources.
- Assists clients in safety planning, identifying options, and problem solving.
- Provides client-centered advocacy to meet identified client needs with law enforcement, service providers and others.
- Assists clients with completing, filing and serving personal protection orders and/or family court documents. Attends court hearings in a supportive capacity.
- Accompanies clients to other hearings as required.
- Notifies supervisor of high-risk situations in work with clients.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients.
Advocacy, outreach and organizational representation:
- Provides community education.Provides professional training to groups such as law enforcement and other partner agencies.
- Attends Coordinated Community Response monthly meetings. Actively participates in assigned community meetings.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Safeguards confidential information gained as a result of the job.
- Works cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff, and volunteers.
- As a YWCA employee, projects a positive image to the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.