Greet and assist, in person or by phone, individuals contacting YWCA Kalamazoo. Assist with administrative duties in support of all departments of the organization. Always act in a professional manner. Is able to demonstrate and adhere to the mission of the YWCA. Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
1. Provide administrative support to Programs Team members.
2. Project a positive image of the Association and its programs to the community.
a. Managing special projects under the direction of the VP of Programs.
b. Scheduling and arranging for meetings for the VP of Programs, and association and board committees. Ability to take meeting minutes as needed.
c. Assisting in preparation of reports and proposals, including compiling required statistics, data and support materials.
d. Organizing and implementing administrative systems for maximum efficiency.
3. Work cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
4. Exhibit friendly, patient, and courteous behavior in interactions with clients, visitors and staff. Maintain a professional attitude and workspace.
5. Facilitate conduit between the public and visitors to YWCA staff by welcoming guests, answering the telephone, and providing information and assistance.
6. Maintain building activity schedule, room reservation schedule, monthly calendar and newsletter.
7. Assist in opening, sorting, and distributing mail and faxes. Prepare outgoing mail.
8. Safeguard confidential information gained as a result of the job. Strictly maintain client and staff confidentiality both over the phone and in person.
9. Maintains supply of documents: applications, background checks, brochures, confidentiality forms.
10. Keep up with office supply inventory placing orders as needed. Acts as Purchase Request Coordinator of Programs.
11. Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
12. Manage calendars and set up meetings
13. Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, may review other staff documents for clarity and format.
14. Serve as back up to other department coordinators.
15. Serve as back up to Executive Assistant to CEO which includes attending meetings and taking notes.
16. Perform other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. YWCA location
2. Off-site location
3. Potential outdoor events
4. Sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, some lifting
5. Frequently required to stand
6. Frequently required to walk
7. Frequently required to sit
8. Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
9. Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
10. Continually required to talk or hear
11. Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
12. Frequently exposure to outside weather conditions
13. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
14. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 15 pounds.
1. High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Human Services or related field preferred.
2. A minimum of three-year’s experience in an administrative support role required; experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
3. Ability to organize systems, follow routines, and respond to change as needed.
4. Capable of making sound decisions and responding calmly in stressful situations. Operates within organizational structure, customs, practices, policies and procedures.
5. Proficiency in word-processing, Excel spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, and Publisher.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to ask clarifying questions. Proven customer service skills.
7. Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
8. Polite professional demeanor with high ethical standards.
9. Clerical skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
10. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
1. Orientation to YWCA Personnel Policies, Mission, Purpose and One Imperative.
2. Racial Justice Training
3. Orientation to Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Confidentiality, Mandatory Reporting.
4. Other appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
5. Health and Safety/OSHA and Emergency Procedures Orientation.