Dear Friends of YWCA Kalamazoo
In light of the evolving public health concerns we are facing and the uncertainties created, YWCA Kalamazoo is sharing information with you on how we are standing strong and remaining committed to our mission.
Our shelter and therapy, legal, and abuse support services remain open and available to the community.
• Our Sexual Assault Nurse Exam (SANE) program and Emergency Response Team (ERT) are available to the public and our onsite shelter for survivors of domestic violence and Koru House, our Human Trafficking Shelter remain open and accessible for our clients.
• Our 24 Hour Crisis Line is (269) 385-3587.
• Our organization exists to respond to uncertain times while maintaining security and providing services for the most vulnerable in our communities.
• Due to the nature of our work, we have to continue providing services and meeting the critical needs of victims of abuse.
YWCA Children’s Center is open and available to families, especially essential workers.
Many have called to ask how they can help. For this, we are so very grateful, yet we must limit visitors to our buildings, for the sake of our clients and our staff. At this time, we will ask you to remain in touch via our social media posts, as we will continue to update our friends and supporters of what our needs are and may be.
• Our inaugural Membership Luncheon planned by our Mission Impact team was postponed; yet, opportunities to join remain open, allowing you the opportunity to engage with the work behind our mission.
• The continued support of our members allows our organization to expand capacity around the work that we do, as well as, prioritize the needs of our most vulnerable communities.
Please be safe and follow the suggested guidelines!